The purpose of this workshop is to educate participants in how to use conscious fitness and nutrition to sculpt their bodies and enhance personal empowerment to achieve life goals. Whether your desire is for body/mind/spirit integration, personal growth, fat loss or just plain getting buffed, this class will provide you with a philosophy, a set of principles, a method and exercises that can be incorporated into daily life.
In this yin/yang approach to fitness you will:
- Foster stamina and fat loss, functional strength, flexibility, inner balance, aliveness and well-being.
- Gain nutritional knowledge for your body type.
- Connect with core motivations for attaining your fitness goals,
- Develop a comprehensive and holistic program combining exercise, diet and life style habits.
- Use inner focus to work with your body’s “energetics” in order to deepen the emotional and spiritual power of your workout.
- Learn to use conscious fitness as a path to personal growth.
- Enhance the enjoyment and power of your workout.
The program will employ a variety of methods and techniques both Western and Eastern. Practices will include the use of dumbbells, kettlebells, your body weight, stretching, aerobics, qigong, kickboxing, yoga, visualization, meditation, self-message, breathing techniques, postural awareness and self exploration for enhancing motivation.
This workshop is intended for dedicated individuals at all levels of experience who are willing to expand beyond their comfort zone.
Carlos Durana is a traditional acupunctural and clinical psychologist. He is an instructor of medical-spiritual Qigong and T’ai Chi Chuan with a background in meditation, exercise and stress-management. He is the developer of the Seasons in Our Life seminar series.
Shawn Phillips is a personal trainer, life coach, public speaker, fitness model and a TV spokesperson specializing in weight loss, nutrition, diet, strength training and cardio. Shawn is certified with the National Academy of Sports Medicine and trains at Power House gym in West Los Angeles . He has been featured on KCAL 9 News in Los Angeles several times.