Seminars – Integrated Qigong
Qigong is the art of exercising to enhance and rejuvenate the body’s internal energy – its Qi. In Chinese medicine, most ailments are believed to be caused by the stagnation of this energy. As a form of complementary energy, Qigong is used not only for prevention and self-healing, but also for self-transformation.
Although Qigong promotes the functioning of internal organs, circulation balance, strength and flexibility, it can also be experienced as an “internal” exercise for directing Ch’i energy, thereby relaxing and harmonizing the body, mind and spirit.
In this class, we will use structured and non-structured forms of qigong that integrate balanced postures, movements, meditation, breathing, mudras, touch (acupressure) and sound.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn transformational movements that enhance the function of the organs, meridians and chakras.
- Enhance awareness and openness to experiences.
- learn meditation techniques for attending to ourselves with fairness and compassion.
- Learn ways to deal with stress and to nourish and replenish ourselves.
- Expand our ability to center and ground our energy.
- Practice breathing and meditation techniques for promoting well-being.
- Experience and mobilize internal energy for health and well-being.
- Experience and learn about the connection between organs and emotions and our mental, spiritual and physical functions.