Seminars – Parenting Workshop: Empowering Yourself while Aiding Your Special Needs Child
Parenting challenges all of our capacities and sensibilities. Maintaining emotional and spiritual control is difficult even under typical circumstances; as an exceptional parent of a child with special needs you face unique challenges and rewards. In this workshop, we will focus on drawing on inner resources that nurture, revitalize and enable us to find enjoyment and fulfillment with our child. Perhaps even finding inspiration and creativity in the process as well as learning skills for coping effectively. We will also explore the emotional struggles that parents of special needs children frequently face – renewing a sense of acceptance, hope and tolerance for ourselves and our children.
In addition, we will:
- Learn meditation, breathing and stress-management techniques for nurturing, revitalizing and coping;
- Learn practical principals to guide and aide our journey;
understand the personal and societal beliefs that create obstacles towards fulfillment and acceptance;
- Find healthy ways to deal with emotions and feelings such as grief, anger, self-blame, disappointment and envy;
- Enhance your ability to enjoy your child;
- Discuss ways to maintain family unity (spouses and siblings);
- Explore the role of meaning and spirituality in our situation; and
- Learn methods such as acupressure for calming, relieving anxiety and soothing your child.