Seminars – Reclaiming Life Through Chronic Illness
Persons living with chronic illness experience dramatic changes and many challenges. These can include hopelessness, fear, and anger, loss of self-esteem and loss of purpose, impacting all areas of life – physical, emotional, mental, economic, relational and spiritual. Whether the illness is the result of disease, injury, stress or a combination of these, its impact will be profound. We can grow to identify with our illness believing that it is who we are and putting our life on hold until there is a future cure.
There is another way of being and coming to terms with chronic illness that can help us become more who we are and more able to see ourselves in a deeper way. This awareness can in turn provide us with a greater degree of control in our life, help us cope more effectively and make life more enjoyable. This practical and skill based approach puts in touch with our inner resources, making use of principles that lead towards inner healing regardless of the condition of our body.
In this workshop we will:
- Explore and release unresolved issues and difficult feelings such as anger, fear, loss and hopelessness in order to enhance our well-being.
- Learn methods for connecting with symptoms to discover their meanings.
- Practice meditation techniques that promote new ways of being, of problem solving and of viewing our illness.
- Promote positive thought patterns and behaviors.
- Evoke connections to inner resources that lead to peace of mind and inner strength.
- Expand our ability to feel more connected to others and to life.
- Experience and mobilize internal energy to experience feelings of joy, love, worth, courage, assertiveness and self-acceptance.
- Learn movements that enhance the function of body organs and well-being.
- Learn ways to deal with stress, tension and pain and to nourish and replenish ourselves.