Chinese Medicine and Holistic Nutrition
Holistic Nutrition is a health care approach for developing wellness and optimum health; it emphasizes a balanced approach to nutrition that takes into account the value of making healthy choices for enhancing the integration of all aspects of our being. Dr. Durana is a holistic lifestyle coach that uses western and Chinese ideas of healthy nutritional choices along with life and wellness coaching to help you develop:
- A simple step by step plan to improve and enhance holistic health
- Ways to learn to listen to your body and mind’s wisdom in making better health choices
- Awareness of how to overcome obstacles to good nutritional choices
- A greater level of energy, better mood, and a clear mind
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbal medicine has been used for thousands of years, and at Seasons In Our Life, our patients have found Chinese natural herbs to be stimulating for the body and has improved their holistic health. There are many colleges, both in the U.S. and abroad, with excellent Chinese herbal medicine programs. In the U.S., Chinese herbal practitioners are usually licensed as acupuncturists, but practicing herbalists are becoming more and more common in a number of states.
In seeking a qualified herbalist specializing in holistic nutrition, look for a practitioner who is comprehensively trained in Chinese herbal medicine. While many states require that all licensed acupuncturists be trained and tested in Chinese herbal medicine, others do not.
Chinese Herb Benefits
- Breathing problems: colds, flu, allergies, asthma, emphysema, sinusitis, and bronchitis
- Emotional issues: anxiety, depression, insomnia, and mood swings
- Digestive difficulties: acute/chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastritis ulcers, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Bladder problems: urinary tract infections, and prostatitis
- Reproductive issues: irregular/painful menstruation, infertility, PMS, menopausal symptoms, and sexual dysfunction
- Pain: neuralgia, migraine headaches, dizziness, low back, neck and shoulder pain
- Circulatory problems: hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis, anemia
- Supportive therapy: painful, debilitating disorders such as hepatitis, fibromyalgia, and auto-immune disease.
“Worldwide, only ten to thirty percent of people use conventional medicine, seventy to ninety percent use alternative medicine.”
– N.H. Alternative medicine: Expanding Medical Horizons
“Traditional Chinese medicine has been chosen by the World Health Organization for worldwide propagation to meet the health care needs of the twenty-first century.”
– Burton Goldberg, Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide
“One out of three drugs prescribed in Germany is an herb.”
– Donald J. Brown, N.D. The Use of Herbal Medicine in a Clinical Setting
“In 1993, Americans spent an estimated $1.5 billion on herbal remedies – ten times more than was spent on over-the-counter sleeping pills from grocery stores and drug stores.”
– Bill Gottlieb, New Choices in Natural Healing
About Seasons in Our Life
Dr. Durana has provided practical, integrative, holistic services since 1980 in acupuncture, body therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, life/wellness coaching, and counseling.
<ahref="https: www.bbb.org="" us="" md="" bethesda="" profile="" acupuncturist="" seasons-in-our-life-0241-236016977#sealclick"=""> <ahref="https: www.healthprofs.com="" us="" members="" carlos-durana-bethesda-md="" 500709?p="10""></ahref="https:></ahref="https:>
4915 St. Elmo Ave.
Suite #504 - Room 7A
Bethesda, MD 20814
1875 Campus Commons
Suite 210 - Room 11A
Reston, Virginia 20191
1625 K. Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
2265 Cedar Cove Ct.
Reston, VA 20191