Seminars – Meditation
In this workshop, we will work with concentration and meditative approaches through the mind, emotions, body and energy body in a body centered and grounded way.
The heart of meditation is self-remembering—the intimacy of knowing and being our True Nature by examining how we experience ourselves and the predicaments of our life. Out of intimacy with ourselves grows true intimacy with others. Although there are side benefits to meditation like inner calmness and health, the main activity of meditation is developing the compassionate witness consciousness, a center from which the transient and the limited perceptions which cause our suffering can be viewed so that we can know a larger truth about ourselves, others and the world.
Recognizing and working with our witness consciousness is the goal of this workshop. By identifying with our witness consciousness we can:
- learn to disengage from our automatic and repetitive thoughts and feelings,
- grow to accept the present moment in greater fullness,
- develop qualities such as generosity, inner calm and strength
- learning to live with uncertainty and calling into question our separateness and insecurities,
- enhance our capacity for receptivity, insight, intuition and revelation,
- learn to work with whatever arises in our thoughts and feelings,
- cultivate virtues which enhance our perception of life and our motivation for authentic action,
- enhance our ability to focus on and understand a problem in greater depth.